Important things to check before your pet(s) travel.
- Your pet must be microchipped. This must be done before or at the same time your pet gets a rabies vaccination.
- Your pet must have been vaccinated against rabies. You must wait 21 days from the date of the vaccination before travelling. The day of vaccination counts as day 0 and not day 1.
- Dogs must have had a tapeworm treatment no less than 24 hours and no more than 120 hours (5 days) before entry.
- Your pet must have a pet passport. Check that the vet has filled in the following sections in the pet passport:
details of ownership
description of animal
marking or identification of animal
vaccination against rabies.
details of the vet issuing the passport (for passports issued from 29 December 2014)
- Make sure that a vet completes the details of your pets tapeworm treatment (dogs only) in the pet passport before you return to the UK.
- Please ensure that tick and flea treatments are up-to-date.
Terms and Conditions – Pet Transport – updated 1st Oct 2015
- Reservations -Reservations are secured by payment of a deposit of 20% of the cost of travel. This amount is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation.
- Payment -Full payment must be received at least 21 days prior to travel. Funds will need to be cleared in our account so please make sure adequate time is given for this with inter bank transfers or if paying by cheque. All payments should be made in Sterling (GBP) unless otherwise agreed.
- Cancellations – Please inform us immediately should you wish to cancel your booking so that we can allocate the space to another pet.
A cancellation charge will apply as follows:-
Cancellation 21 days prior to trip departure 20% of invoice amount (deposit amount paid)
Cancellation 14 days prior to trip departure 30% of invoice amount
Cancellation 7 days prior to trip departure 50% of invoice amount
Alternatively, depending on availability, a pet may be transferred to another scheduled travel date or in the case of a rescue pet funds used to transport an alternative pet.
- Food and Exercise during travel – We will provide food (Taste of the Wild dry cat or dog food), water and exercise (for dogs), clean bedding during the journey unless otherwise requested. Owners can of course provide their own pet food should they so wish.
Any special dietary or medical requirements should be confirmed on the booking form which will be sent to you at that time of reservation for completion. All pets are transported in a fully air-conditioned, heated, clean vehicle and are not left unattended.
- Documentation and Vet checks prior to travel – All pets must be clinically checked by a registered veterinarian no more than 2 days prior to travel and should be deemed fit to travel. This will need to be documented in their pet passport. Any pets that fail this requirement we regret we cannot transport.
Although we check passports when collecting your pet it is your responsibility to ensure that the passport is correctly completed. An incorrect passport may result in your pet being refused to travel. We therefore suggest that you send us copies of the passport prior to travel and we will endeavour to check the details and advise of any immediate details which may refuse entry to the UK or another EU country.
Although there are no border controls between mainland EU countries, due to Brexit, migrant activity and terror threats, borders are being more closely monitored and we cannot guarantee that pet passport will not be checked when entering or leaving a Schengen Agreement regulated country.
- Pet Passports MUST be 100% correct otherwise collection will be denied. Any costs associated such as obtaining a new passport, boarding fees if necessary etc will be the responsibility of the client. In the event that collection is denied your booking can be transferred to another trip or if this is not convenient for you a cancellation charge will apply as above.
- Communication during Travel – You will be given regular updates via text, Facebook or email on the progress of your pet during its trip, so that you can be safe in the knowledge that your pet is being well looked after.
- Declaration – By making a reservation for pet transport you are confirming that being the owner of the pet(s), declare that the pet(s) identified by their completed passports will accompany VSCOMS Ltd (the natural person) that you have designated to be responsible for the animal(s) on your behalf, and is/are NOT intended to be sold or transferred to another owner.